The weather was cool but dry so a good turnout of members got the opening chores done in good time, enjoyed a BBQ lunch, and the board decided on a number of issues, including:
- The club has bought another Laser in good condition, and will have repair work done on the orange laser, so there should be four good lasers available for club members to sail, and sufficient radial and full rigs.
- We will start a search for a better “big” safety/committee boat immediately. We will look for a relatively small, used pontoon boat with a good motor, and sell the motorboat with the 70hp Mercury. We expect that a pontoon boat will make it easier to rescue people out of the water, offer more room for transporting and setting marks, and provide a stable platform for a race committee. If we find a suitable boat, we will need a special meeting of members a for quick approval of an expenditure expected to be approximately $10,000. If any member objects to this plan, please contact a board member right away.
- As more members opt out of cutting the grass, this puts more pressure on the few who volunteer to do the cutting, so we need to make the cutting job faster an easier. Therefore, we will:
- Let the sloping portion of the hill grow wild. It is the hardest and most dangerous area to mow. Maureen and Debbie will look for wild flowers in the park to add to the grass in that area.
- Move the boats closer together on the top of the hill so that the remaining area is easily mowed with the tractor.
- Rearrange boat parking on the entire lower level so that it is easy to mow around members’ boats, and it is easy move club boats to mow under them.
- Move boats that are not being used out of the main boat parking into a storage area.
- Require members to mow around their own boats more rigorously.
- The keel boat championship racing instructions were approved by the board and are now posted on the website under Racing. In summary; keel boat racing days will be listed in the web calendar, there will be up to four races on such days, at least three keel boats starting will constitute a race.